Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 9 von 15 « Erste ... 25678910111213 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 161 bis 180 von 294
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #161
    Knight Avatar von Ariogaisus

Ariogaisus ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Omid- Beitrag anzeigen
    Yeah I didn't get it at all, and you saying you did get it worries me; I'm older than you, I'm supposed to be smarter!
    Some people are better in some genres than others.

I'm maddeningly good at strategy.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #162
    Ranger

KeeperUTX ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Celestial Beitrag anzeigen
    This was from 1998? Would love to have this game redone with modern graphics and the elimination of the clunky swordplay. the off-line Arena mode is a blast.

[Bild: dbts2.jpg]
    Yeah, it's pretty boss.
    ATM i'm at the final battle with idk... 1/10 of my health

That jerk of a sorcerer keeps killing me with his stupid lightning bolts!
    Just for that I went into the Arena mode to kill a Kobold or two. (3 Kobolds vs 1 Enric = KOBOLD SLAUGHTER!!)

Otherwise the VSIM sword fighting is pretty damn clumsy, I'll give you that, but when you master it... you become a god. Even Changa the Goblorg wasn't a match for my Hero Strike.
    (That is jump, then roll in mid-air, finally a up-to-down slash, doing approx. 220 damage from the stats of MoveEdit.)

Besides DBTSLFL, I'm playing Alien vs Predator 2 Gold Edition. Those Aliens can really scare the sh1t out of you, even if you play as a Predator...

Y' know, when they just suddenly jump out from around a corner and you just shoot at it like it was the 4th of July!

EDIT: Gothic and DBTS combined would be sick!!
    The coin is still turning.
    [Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]

3. Beiträge anzeigen #163
    Skinhead  Avatar von Hellbilly

Hellbilly ist offline
    FTL - Faster Than Light
    [Bild: FTL3.jpg]

Noticed this by chance on GoG, and the description sounded nice so I decided to buy it and give it a shot. It's described as a Roguelike-like space ship strategy game/simulation, which I guess is sort of on point. It's a challenging game (with insta-death, in true "Roguelike"-like style), but not unfair. Sure, sometimes the odds just are stacked against you, but most often you can trace back your failure to a bad choice you made. All in all, a fun game that does't take ages to play a couple of sessions.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #164
    Demigod Avatar von Dino

Dino ist offline
    [Bild: League_of_Legends.jpeg]

This is honestly the only game that holds me on the PC these days. I tried some WoW tournaments and all... nope, I'm too old for that.

5. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #165
    Demigod Avatar von Bastardo

Bastardo ist offline
    [Bild: Senzatitolo-1.jpg]

Just found out Dink Smallwood was modernized a bit some time ago, they even came out with an Android version and stuff.
    This is a great simple little game that included features ahead of its time such as decapitating ducks by punching them, killing your abusive uncle and destroying cults.
    Geändert von Bastardo (09.11.2012 um 20:11 Uhr)

6. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #166
    Mythos Avatar von Onisuzume

Onisuzume ist offline
    [Bild: 134945936718_url1.php.jpg]
    Using a Lizardmen team.
    So far, I've played against Khorne Dæmons, scoring 2-0, and against Ogres, scoring 2-1.
    My next match is against Chaos Dwarfs.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #167
    General Avatar von KGS

KGS ist offline
    planescape torment

i always suck when i try to play a mage in a d&d based rpg ;/ so i got to the final dungeon and started again as a fighter; this game is almost like a book you would read...

8. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #168

Bastardo ist offline
    Hey WoG, The Bard's Tale including the original trilogy for 1,74€. You go and buy it. That is all.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #169
    Knight Avatar von Stalagmite

Stalagmite ist offline
    [Bild: photo-full.jpg?1344742787]

Pure medieval action game no holes barred. It's no RPG, it doesn't even pretend to be an RPG (like most modern RPG's do), but it's the funnest brutal gorey medieval combat I've ever played. Even the voice acting is top quality. Well worth the $25 on Steam.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #170
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Powaz

Powaz ist offline
    Finished The Witcher 2.

At first it I thought of it as a disappointment, but it turned out better than I expected. I especially enjoyed the many references to the novels.

11. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #171

Bastardo ist offline
    [Bild: 228495-dishonored1.jpg]

Done. Arkane Studios is pretty cool, there aren't many developers out there who can make three different titles in a row that I won't complain about. As for the game itself, the gameplay is a mix of features from their previous titles and Bioshock (the art looks slightly inspired by Bioshock, as well), with a structure similar to Deus Ex and an emphasis on stealth and moral choices. The game universe is dark and cool as fuck, halfway between steampunk and something else. They compromised between pandering to the masses of casual gamers and to more serious ones, successfully I might add, since I never felt my snobby gamer's intelligence insulted (of course I turned off the HUD, what do you think?). Anyway, I can only look forward to their next project and a change of publisher.

Next on my list, Deadlight which is an indie side-scroller platformer and puzzle game of the most classic kind, except with zombies and gritty, near-AAA graphics, and Dead Space 2, which I bought on sale because I liked the original in spite of its deficit in originality.
    Zitat Zitat von Powaz Beitrag anzeigen
    Finished The Witcher 2.

At first it I thought of it as a disappointment, but it turned out better than I expected. I especially enjoyed the many references to the novels.
    Yeah, I think I felt the same way about it. Well, except for the refences since I haven't read the original novels. The first Witcher game is the same as well, seems kind of disappointing at first but if you actually press on, when you finish it and review it in your mind you realize it was pretty damn awesome, even though you couldn't pinpoint exactly when does the change happen. A lot of the people who say "I played it for a few hours, then meh, I stopped." are missing out.
    Geändert von Bastardo (10.11.2012 um 23:07 Uhr)

12. Beiträge anzeigen #172
    General Avatar von KGS

KGS ist offline
    dishonored seemed too short and easy for me
    i thought i'd start another playthrough and complete it without killing anyone but then got bored with it

the witcher was a nice game although in the 2nd the shield spell is way overpowered

and now i'll be playing painkiller

[Bild: Painkiller_Hell_And_Damnation_Main_Image.jpg]

13. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #173

Bastardo ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von KGS Beitrag anzeigen
    dishonored seemed too short and easy for me
    I think it was a bit short but hard enough. You die after getting hit two or three times (on Very Hard) and if you alert someone a lot of guards will come rushing in and then they WILL kill you if you don't run away.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #174
    Hero Avatar von .†.MikeL.†.

.†.MikeL.†. ist offline
    I finished DAO as an Arcane Spellcaster, good story, excellent characters, quite challenging (one of the hardest games I've played) and a very fulfilling ending I didn't like it as much as NWN2 but it's certainly close to it. Overall an awesome RPG.

[Bild: header.jpg?t=1296516440]

Now moving on to Darksiders 2, not exactly my kinda game but it's fun enough to keep me occupied until I am in mood again for another good RPG, like maybe DAO2 or something. It's got awesome music though.

[Bild: DarksidersII.jpg]

15. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #175

Bastardo ist offline
    [Bild: Deadlight_Title-1024x682.png]

Done. Speaking of length and difficulty, Deadlight is an extremely short game, around 3 hours long, on the very easy end of the platformer scale, mostly because there is a checkpoint at every little "screen". At the end a hardcore mode is unlocked, though. Anyway it's very fun and pretty for an indie platformer and XBox Live title, and it definitely deserves a better financed sequel.

16. Beiträge anzeigen #176
    Ranger Avatar von Celestial

Celestial ist offline
    [Bild: afdz123.jpg]

Decisions...decisions...hmmmm...no both

17. Beiträge anzeigen #177
    Veteran Avatar von kojocel

kojocel ist offline
    World of Warcraft (again).

Don't know for how long though, as it gets boring very fast.
    "We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde
    Zone Survival Guide: Shadow of Chernobyl / Call of Pripyat
    Geändert von kojocel (09.11.2012 um 15:26 Uhr)

18. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #178

Bastardo ist offline
    [Bild: hotlinemiami_pcboxart.jpg]

Done. This little game is fucking awesome. Ultraviolent top-down action stealth game with 16-bit styled graphics and some of the tightest, quickest, most fun gameplay I remember playing on a 2D game, loads of weapons, a pimping electronic soundtrack, psychedelic colours and a surreal plot.

I'm not generally a fan of retro-looking games but this one is a masterpiece of gameplay and style. It's even more fun than it looks.
    Geändert von Bastardo (07.11.2012 um 22:16 Uhr)

19. Beiträge anzeigen #179
    Skinhead  Avatar von Hellbilly

Hellbilly ist offline
    Kingdoms Of Amalur: Reckoning
    [Bild: kingdoms-of-amalur-reckoning-demo-impressions.jpg]

Picked this one up after something like a six month pause. Very fun, extremely action-oriented RPG with one of the most fun fast-paced combat systems in ages. Sort of like Fable but with actual challenge. Tons of quests, tons of tons of dialogue, big world, crafting, nice graphics, etc., but somehow it feels like the (well-written and fleshed out) lore never completely meets the actual gameplay. Somehow it's just hearing and reading lots about ljosalfars and dokkalfars and seelie faes and unseelie faes and Mitharu and oingo boingo, but the actual game is just go there, kill hostiles (who do require completely different tactics for different types of foes), etc. Gothic and TES manage to weave the lore into the game(play) in a way that helps immersion, like the lore in some way actually matters for the gameplay, but Amalur doesn't succeed in doing that, which does impact the game negatively, although not that much.

This is actually the only physical copy of a game I've bought this year, and I still think it was worth buying. I do think I'll snag up Dragon's Dogma at some point, though.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #180

Seite 9 von 15 « Erste ... 25678910111213 ... Letzte »