warstrike ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen

Oh, and new sig
    Way ahead of you

2. Beiträge anzeigen #122
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    Spread the word.

And the love. First newsletter will be out today for anyone who's not on fb.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #123
    Veteran Avatar von kojocel

kojocel ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    I can confirm nobody knows jack shit about the new PB project.
    Not even PB, I bet.
    "We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde
    Zone Survival Guide: Shadow of Chernobyl / Call of Pripyat

4. Beiträge anzeigen #124
    banned

Radical Liberal ist offline
    Goodbye WoG! Rest in Peace!
    [Bild: Funeral-flowers.jpg]

5. Beiträge anzeigen #125
    Schwertmeister Avatar von warstrike

warstrike ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Radical Liberal Beitrag anzeigen
    Goodbye WoG! Rest in Peace!
    Nice . People joining just to say goodbye

6. Beiträge anzeigen #126
    Fighter Avatar von Saberstorm

Saberstorm ist offline
    Gothic is awesome. I learned so much here. You guys are incredible. Stay awesome where ever you guys go. I hope PB makes more great games. I am the nameless!

Gothic forever.
    "Don't throw stones at every dog that barks at you" George Silver

7. Beiträge anzeigen #127
    Chosen One Avatar von rockfest

rockfest ist offline
    I've deleted all OT posts from this thread. Try to show some respect and keep this thread for positive and farewell messages, not spam.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #128
    Just arrived

HardcoreGothicFan ist offline

Angry I love Gothic

Farewell WoG.
    I was playing Gothic from 2003.10 years have already past.I feel connected to Gothic and whatever is connected to it.This website is part of this legendary Game,so i feel a part of me is missing.
    Good bye to all of you Fans,goodbye WoG i will certainly miss you.
    Viktor,a hardcore Gothic player

9. Beiträge anzeigen #129
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von HardcoreGothicFan Beitrag anzeigen
    Farewell WoG.
    I was playing Gothic from 2003.10 years have already past.I feel connected to Gothic and whatever is connected to it.This website is part of this legendary Game,so i feel a part of me is missing.
    Good bye to all of you Fans,goodbye WoG i will certainly miss you.
    Viktor,a hardcore Gothic player
    Calin, is that you? Doesn't matter. Yeah, rest in peace WoG.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!

10. Beiträge anzeigen #130
    Fighter

MikeLitoris ist offline
    I used to think RIP means "Rest In Pieces", it cracks me up every time somebody says RIP seriously.

BTW don't act like this is the definite end, G5 is going to be released by PB and this forum will get revived and we'll have a happy end

11. Beiträge anzeigen #131
    banned Avatar von Calin M

Calin M ist offline
    Hi folks! These are sad times ... I haven't visited WoG since March, because I wanted to keep myself away from the forum so that I didn't register again until some considerable amount of time had passed, and now when I wanted to see what's new and I saw this sticky thread I felt like my soul was weeping ... I couldn't believe my eyes. I must say that I don't think this decision is fair, because it's not like the forum is really dead and I don't think it is so inactive that it needs to be close.

I can give examples of forums here on World of Players which are a lot less active than World of Gothic, and yet they weren't closed yet. Like this forum, which still has threads where the last post was in 2010 on the first page, which indicates a very big lack of activity since a long time ago and yet no one closed it ... I think that even though it's true that there isn't so much activity like in the golden days, this forum still has a heart that's beating and is still very much alive ... I am shocked that they decided to close it like that and I don't think it's fair ...

Believe it or not, I really have tears in my eyes right now as I am writing this. Tratos asked in the first page if this means that I've technically won and I wish to say that I didn't win anything from this, but I lost a very important part of my life. Troll, jerk, retard, ignorant, spammer, idiot kid ... call me however you want, cause I've been all of these and I deserved to be called that way, but no matter how bad I was and how savage and retrograde my behavior was, this isn't just a forum for me, this is like a home, a place very dear to me that I was hoping one day I would be accepted back to. It is a big loss for me that I have to come here to say goodbye forever, and I feel devastated.

All the stupid things I've done here are now in the past and I am sorry for them and I want to apologize one last time to everyone who had to put up with my shit, and to the moderators who have been so tolerant and kind with me until I've truly passed the line. I've been here now for more than six years and a half and I was hoping that on the September 8 this year I would celebrate 7 years on WoG ... This is the place where I've spent my teenage years, there were times when I was more active here on the forum than in real life, more than half of my day being spent on the forum. I know some of you considered me a bastard without a heart, but my life hasn't really been the greatest, because most of the time I was feeling bored and lonely, with nothing to do and no places to go and this forum was like a refuge for me, and when I acted like a fool and had a disturbed behaviour, it may have been because I wasn't a very fulfilled person in real life, having no social life at all during some of my teenage years ... For me this forum was like the only social life I had during that time.

This forum has been of great comfort to me, like a home, or like a friend, in times when I was the loneliest and most bored guy on Earth and I will never forget it and when it will be closed I will still come from time to time to read through some of the old topics and remember the forum like it was in its glory days. There were some really awesome threads here, in which I had a great time debating this about Gothic (like the UDD is the Slepeer debate, or the discussion about the history of Khornis and the Valley of Mines and the times of the First Orc War ... those are unforgettable) or about everyday stuff on Peanuts or just reading stories in the Creative Corner.

I hope this forum will continue on World of Risen on another WoP page, or who knows, maybe someone will make a new WoG community on a different host, where we could move ... One thing is certain, the legacy of this forum must never die.

My e-mail address is calingothic@yahoo.com ... I hope we could keep in touch even after this place is gone, and about that Facebook group for WoG members ... Tratos and Hellbilly and whoever else is responsible, my Facebook account is http://www.facebook.com/calin.mato and I hope that you will accept me there, cause after all, there I haven't been banned yet, and maybe this could be a chance for a fresh start for me to act like a normal human being. Please consider this, because this means a lot to me and I never want to be separated from this great community, no matter where it would continue to exist.

Thank you World of Gothic community for everything! It's been a pleasure and an honour! I hope this isn't really the end and that we will see eachother again in another place or maybe, just maybe, the admins will reconsider this ... this is what I hope! All the best to everyone!
    Geändert von Calin M (04.05.2013 um 11:57 Uhr)

12. Beiträge anzeigen #132
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!

13. Beiträge anzeigen #133

Calin M ist offline
    That pic pretty much shows how I feel that WoG is closing ... I mean the river of tears.

So in the end we will move to theoldcamp.com ? If so, the name you guys chose is awesome ... Because of the great memories it brings, from the first Gothic game ... And WoG is to us like the Old Camp ... some of the greatest memories of our time spent on the internet being here. A name worthy of the old faithful members of WoG.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #134
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    Well actually I wouldn't mind letting you onboard, sure. There's only one tinsy problem, a technicallity mostly. In order for me to invite you, you have to be my "friend" on facebook.

I think you can see why we would face certain difficulties in fulfilling said request.

Y'all have a real good day now.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #135
    Skinhead  Avatar von Hellbilly

Hellbilly ist offline
    *snort*

16. Beiträge anzeigen #136

Calin M ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Tratos Beitrag anzeigen
    Well actually I wouldn't mind letting you onboard, sure. There's only one tinsy problem, a technicallity mostly. In order for me to invite you, you have to be my "friend" on facebook.

I think you can see why we would face certain difficulties in fulfilling said request.
    Yes, I understand that it's difficult, but I am willing to be friendly and I already forgot about all past grudges. I believe that especially now when such a sad thing is happening it's time to leave all feuds and rivalries behind and try to keep the spirit of this great community alive as best as we can. I totally understand that you find it hard to add me as friend, but if you don't want to you don't have to speak with me very much. I just want to have the opportunity of being part of this community again, whether it's here, on facebook or in any other place. As far as it concerns me I don't have any problem being friends with you.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #137
    Drachentöter Avatar von Blubbler

Blubbler ist offline
    The admin's response:
    http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...gemacht-werden
    (asking if there can be an English subboard in the German WoG)
    Zitat Zitat von Fizzban Beitrag anzeigen
    Du hast Recht, über die endgültige Schließung der verschobenen Foren sollte man auch mal nachdenken.
    "You are right, one should reconsider the ultimate closing of the moved forums."

Zitat Zitat von meditate Beitrag anzeigen
    nein, wir schließen die anderen foren nicht. es gibt auch keinen ernsthaften grund dafür, so lange es dort moderatoren und die hoffnung gibt, dass die foren wieder auf aktiv kommen, weil ein nachfolger erscheint. außerdem sind einige der foren durchaus noch sehr aktiv

bei gothic ist das etwas anderes. ein neues englisches gothic scheint doch sehr unwahrscheinlich
    "No, we don't close other forums. There is no reason to do so, as long as there are moderators and the hope, that the forums will become active again, because a sequel appears. Also some of the forums are indeed very active.

Gothic is different. A new English Gothic is very unlikely."

So, one admin says it may be reconsidered and another says there's no reason not to close it.
    To me and most other normal users this is very weird.

18. Beiträge anzeigen #138

Calin M ist offline
    Weird indeed ... What troubles me the most is that they decided to close it so fast ... I mean it's not like WoG is an abandoned forum, there are users who post here daily. And it should be considered that there was a time when WoG English was the most active forum here (except for WoG German), around the time when Gothic 3 was released, and now when we are going through rougher times they shut us down just like that ... Maybe I am too idealistic, but I don't think this is normal.
    Geändert von Calin M (05.05.2013 um 20:21 Uhr)

19. Beiträge anzeigen #139
    Knight Commander Avatar von Godcrusher

Godcrusher ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Calin M Beitrag anzeigen
    Weird indeed ... What troubles me the most is that they decided to close it so fast ... I mean it's not like WoG is an abandoned forum, there are users who post here daily. And it should be considered that there was a time when WoG English was the most active forum here (except for WoG German), arouund the time when Gothic 3 was released, and now when we are going through rougher times they shut us down just like that ... Maybe I am too idealistic, but I don't think this is normal.
    Please shut the fuck up.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #140
    Demigod Avatar von Dino

Dino ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Calin M Beitrag anzeigen
    Weird indeed ... What troubles me the most is that they decided to close it so fast ... I mean it's not like WoG is an abandoned forum, there are users who post here daily. And it should be considered that there was a time when WoG English was the most active forum here (except for WoG German), around the time when Gothic 3 was released, and now when we are going through rougher times they shut us down just like that ... Maybe I am too idealistic, but I don't think this is normal.
    move on

Seite 7 von 8 « Erste ... 345678 Letzte »